Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Mommy Got Drunk. Mommy Recovers. Mommy Writes Hilarious Book.

Oh, yes she did. And she is Dana Bowman--English teacher, professor, parent and recovering woman. As advertised Bowman's book, "Bottled"  is wickedly funny, irreverent and just what the newcomer recovering Mom needs to quell her angst and shame.

I don't have little kids and my early recovery was a while ago But I adored this book. I laughed out loud. There is more here than "Boy, did I lose my top" and "Kids say the darndest things" Bowman doesn't fear to go right into the, "I was a drunk" Mom territory. But just as we love the warm laughter of our fellow recovering women, you'll love her, "me too" voice.

Bowman also writes the Momsie Blog for all moms --in recovery or no…I'll put that link right here for you to check her out.
http://momsieblog.com

Bottled is available at Amazon or at CRP--Central Recovery Press.

No comments: