Saturday, November 24, 2012

...and the hair grows in


One of my favorite novels--which we now know is kind of a memoir--is the fabulously funny book, "Heartburn" by Nora Ephron. She nails so many things about men and women and marriage and couples and well, human beings. The book also has amazing recipes including the best Key Lime Pie ever. One passage that I copied and keep in my tickle file to keep me on my toes is this:

"One thing I have never understood is how to work it so that when you’re married things keep happening to you. Things happen to you when you are single. You meet new men, you travel alone, you learn new tricks, you read Trollope, you try sushi, you buy nightgowns, you shave your legs. Then you get married and the hair grows in."


---Nora Ephron, “Heartburn”.

No comments: