Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Key of Willingness

Willingness feels like the word this week. It is another piece of brilliance in our program. After all, self help has always been about change and this time of year with New Year’s resolutions we try to stop eating sugar and go to the gym and be on time and not fight with our kids. But those are absolutes so of course they don’t work which makes us feel bad so we more easily succumb to the things we hope to avoid. But AA says “pray for willingness”. Willingness turns the key in the lock of change and when the door opens just slightly God or Higher Power can do the rest—and in a sense, after that, it’s none of our business.

So this week I am reminding myself that willingness is the key. Wearing a key is a great reminder so I’ve strung a great antique skeleton key on a satin cord to wear around my neck. It makes a chic necklace and landing right at my solar plexus I can feel this key of willingness near my heart and heart chakra all day long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the key idea! Great strategy.
Honesty, Open-mindedness, and Willingness (HOW) another great slogan found in the rooms....being open to willingness, open to recovery, open to healing, open to love.

:)